Jose (Pepe) Vasquez’s PhD Thesis: Two Dimensional Finite Element River Morphology Model (detailed technical description of River2DM).
Steve Kwan’s MASc Thesis : A Two Dimensional Hydrodynamic River Morphology and Gravel Transport Model (detailed technical description of mixed sized sediment transport function in River2DM).
Alana Shewan’s (nee Smiarowski) MASc Thesis: The Evaluation of a Two-Dimensional Sediment Transport and Bed Morphology Model Based on the Seymour River (describes use of River2DM on a gravel bedded mountain river).
Joanna Glawdel’s MASc Thesis: Estimating the Probability of Egg Loss Due to Scour and Fill Under High Flows [using River2DM].
Latest River2DM version (see comment above)
- Glawdel J, Kwan S, Naghibi A, Millar R G, Lence B, “Using River2D Morphology to Predict Salmon Redd Survival during High Flow Events from Hydroelectric Dam Operations”, World Environmental & Water Resources Congress 2011, Palm Springs, May 22, 2011
- Kwan S, Vasquez, J A, Millar R G, “A Fast Method for 3D CFD Modeling of a Long River Reach”, World Environmental & Water Resources Congress 2011, Palm Springs, May 22, 2011
- Kwan S, Vasquez J A, Millar R G, Steffler P. M., “A Two Dimensional Finite Element Hydrodynamic River Morphology and Gravel Transport Model”, Proceedings of the 2nd Joint Interagency Conference, Las Vegas, June 27 2010
- Vasquez, J. A., Millar, R.G., and Steffler, P.M. (2007). Two Dimensional Finite Element River Morphology Model. Canadian Journal of Civil Engineering, 34:752-760.
- Vasquez, J. A., Steffler, P.M., and Millar, R.G. (2008). Modeling Bed Changes in Meandering Rivers Using Triangular Finite Elements. Journal of Hydraulic Engineering, 134(9): 1348-1352.
- Vasquez, J. A., Leal, J. G. A. B. (2006). Two dimensional dam break simulation over movable beds with an unstructured mesh. River Flow 2006
- Vasquez, J. A., Steffler, P. M., Millar, R. G., River2D Morphology, Part I: Straight Alluvial Channels, 17th Canadian Hydrotechnical Conference, Edmonton, Alberta 2005.
- Vasquez, J. A., Steffler, P. M., Millar, R. G., River2D Morphology, Part II: Curved Alluvial Channels, 17th Canadian Hydrotechnical Conference, Edmonton, Alberta 2005.